A new food map developed by researchers at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill shows updated nutrition facts that differ from government data.
Pat Mulieri has achieved uncommon success in her 75 years, the last 18 as a Pasco County, Fla., commissioner. She earned a doctoral degree and taught college English for 26 years. She is known for a kind heart, for aiding the poor and homeless. She …
A French study shows that wearing bras might make women's breasts saggier.
We love our smartphones and tablets. And if you have children, you know they love them just as much. But how much is too much?
More women who are of childbearing age but want to have a baby later in life are considering "pregnancy insurance," acting now to have a baby in the future.
Mental health disorders in children living in the U.S. have been rising over the past ten years.
Do your kids love chocolate milk? It may have more calories on average than you thought.
More Health Stories
A 12-year-old girl in Missouri died of a Fentanyl overdose after she unknowingly put a used painkiller patch on her leg.
A simple test could have alerted officials that the drinking water at Camp Lejeune was contaminated, long before authorities determined that as many as a million Marines and their families were exposed to a witch's brew of cancer-causing chemicals.
Just how much attention your surgeon pays to tasks in the operating room can be affected by a number of distractions such as music, cell phones and chatty colleagues.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new injectable drug that uses radiation to treat advanced prostate cancer that has spread to the bones.
The Food and Drug Administration says it approved a genetic test from Roche to help doctors identify patients who can benefit from a lung cancer drug made by Genentech.
As gardeners, we have many decisions to make during spring: Should we expand the garden and shrink the lawn? Start vegetables from seeds or buy starter plants?
Jared Sieling's first experiment was on his diet.
Angelina Jolie says she had a preventive double mastectomy after learning she has a high-risk gene for breast cancer.
No California ticket hit the jackpot, but two lucky tickets did match five numbers, …
Kern County Sheriff's Deputies said they arrived at a party at 2200 Edwards Avenue when …
An event was held Saturday to help educate the public on the upcoming changes in …
Thousands of NASCAR fans flocked to the Kern County Raceway Saturday for the first race …
The Houchin Community Blood Bank is celebrating "Freedom Week" with a military blood …
- Two Bakersfield teens shot at a party
- Bakersfield holds health fair
- Kern County Raceway now open
- Military blood drive for Freedom Week
- Shooting investigated as homicide
- Kern County #1 for motorcycle crashes
- Arson fire suspect caught on tape
- Deputies make human smuggling arrests
- 60 injured after car drives into parade
- Gay marriage becomes a law in France
- Colorado farmer plants hemp
- Walk to raise awareness about disease
- Armed Forces Day celebrated May 18
- Special needs students have a prom
- Fecal contamination may be in pools
- Kern County Raceway opens Saturday night
- Traveling miles for federal jury trials
- Debate students wash cars for nationals
- RAW VIDEO: Kimmers Discount Store arson
- KCSO: Sex offender disabled GPS device