The filing deadline this year is Monday night, April 15.
Fortunately, a number of businesses now offer deals and freebies to help ease some of the pain, and add some cheer as you struggle to get those forms completed by Monday's deadline.
Some of the best freebies:
- Arby's will have a coupon for free value curly fries on April 17. Visit the Arby's Facebook page to get a coupon.
- Chili's has a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an adult entree April 16 through April 18. You can print the coupon or show it to your server via smart phone.
- Cinnabon will offer two free Classic Cinnabon Bites on April 17 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at participating locations as part of its Tax Day Bites promotion
- Panda Express will give a free single serving of its new Shanghai Angus Steak at participating locations April 17. To get this free offer, you'll need to download a coupon by "liking" Panda Express on Facebookstarting April 11.
- P.F. Chang's is offering a 15% discount at restaurants nationwide on dine-in and carry-out orders April 17.
- DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Cox Communications, and AT&T U-Verse customers will be getting a free preview of HBO and Cinemax over tax day weekend - April 11 to April 15. Check with your provider for more details about this tax day freebie.
- Office Depot will shred up to 5 pounds of paper for you for free now through May 1, 2013 with the above coupon. You can also print off a coupon for a free black and white copy of your tax return.
- After mailing in those taxes you're going to need a relaxing tax day freebie like this free massage from HydroMassage. Click the link to find a HydroMassage near you and print out the coupon to get a free massage from April 15-19. You'll need to call ahead to schedule your free massage.