10 arrested for suspected narcotic sales in Bakersfield
Two attempted to flee scene
Last Updated: 315 days ago
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -
Ten people were arrested in Bakersfield on Wednesday for their suspected involvement in drug sales.
On Jan. 30, at about 4 p.m., deputies from the Kern Narcotics Enforcement Team searched a house on Olive Drive, after receiving several complaints from neighbors about narcotics activity in the area.
Officials said they found several adults staying in the house.
Police said several of the adults were found to be on probation or parole and showed signs of recent drug use. Others in the house had warrants for their arrest, according to officials.
While speaking to several house occupants, officers said a man approached the house, saw officers and took off on foot. After a short foot pursuit the man was caught jumping into a car, where he told the driver to leave. The deputy was just outside the door of the vehicle as it began to drive off. The driver eventually, after being ordered to stop by the deputy, stopped the car and both were arrested.
Officials said ten suspects were arrested and taken to the Kern County Jail where they were booked for their warrants and or narcotics related charges.
The following is a list of the subjects arrested and their charges:
- Grant Terry was cited and released for maintaining a residence for the sales or use of drugs;
- Melissa Kenutson was arrested for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant;
- Melody Schleve was arrested for possession of a dangerous weapon, failing to yield for a peace officer, and driving under the influence;
- William Woodford was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a dangerous weapon, resisting or delaying an officer, and for being under the influence of a controlled substance;
- Crystal Duclos was arrested for on outstanding felony warrant;
- Kenneth Kendrick was arrested for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant;
- Michael Laughlin was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance and for possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Christopher Mangham was arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance and an outstanding out of county warrant;
- Robby Fairrington, Crystal Kendrick, and Wendy Ragsdale were arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.