BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - An electrician is in the emergency room after he was injured while working on a local hospital's fuse box.
On March 6, the Vice-President in Business Development at Mercy Hospital, Scott Thygerson, said an electrician was working on a fuse box when power surged at about 7:45 a.m.
The surge caused the power to shut off, but Thygerson said their back up generators kicked in immediately.
According to Thygerson, everything has remained open and functioning in the hospital.
He said that they are diverting ambulances to their other locations, Memorial and Mercy Southwest.
Thygerson said the electrician is awake and stable in the ER with disclosed injuries.
There is currently no time frame for when the main power will come back on.