BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - An electrical short has caused more than $3,000 in damages to a home in South Bakersfield, according to the Bakersfield Fire Department.
The BFD says that at 2:14 p.m., they got reports of a fire at 1923 South M Street. When they got to the scene, crews saw smoke coming out from the attic, quickly putting out the fire in about 10 minutes.
Damages are estimated to be around $3,000. No injuries were reported.
New clothing boutique helps give back
The Mission at Kern County will open the doors to a new clothing boutique that aims to make a difference, Friday.
Fatal crash blocking three lanes on Grapevine
An early morning fatal crash has closed most lanes of the Grapevine over the pass this morning.
Kern County Young Republicans react to McCarthy
Congressman Kevin McCarthy bombshell announcement that he's dropping out of the race for speaker of the house came as a surprise to many,…
Locals react to McCarthy dropping out of race
While people across the country weighed in on Bakersfield Congressman Kevin McCarthy dropping out of the race for Speaker of the House, many…