BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Fire Department was called out to Valley Plaza Mall Thursday around 2:45 p.m. for a report of smoke inside the mall.
Initial reports were that Valley Plaza Security was evacuating the mall.
When fire crews arrived they found smoke coming from the vents inside the Aldo's store, but no fire was found.
Later it was determined that the smoke was coming from a burned out motor in one of the air conditioning units.
The damage is estimated at $1,000 and there were no injuries reported.
Plains All American has oil terminal near Taft
Black waves and slick rocks are just part of the aftermath of Tuesday's oil spill. Crews continue to shovel, skim and vacuum oil off of the…
Caltrans to install Butts Only Boxes
Millions of pounds of cigarette butts are littered across the United States. Cigarette butts contain toxic chemicals, and are not bio…
Neighbor: Centennial Corridor homes are target
Neighbors are concerned as more residents move out of their homes to make way for the Centennial Corridor Project that the area has become a target.
Man accused of using stolen credit card
The Bakersfield Police Department is seeking the community's assistance in identifying and locating the following suspect wanted for burglary.