Burned out motor in air conditioning unit caused smoke at Valley Plaza Mall; no fire found

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Fire Department was called out to Valley Plaza Mall Thursday around 2:45 p.m. for a report of smoke inside the mall.

Initial reports were that Valley Plaza Security was evacuating the mall.

When fire crews arrived they found smoke coming from the vents inside the Aldo's store, but no fire was found.

Later it was determined that the smoke was coming from a burned out motor in one of the air conditioning units.

The damage is estimated at $1,000 and there were no injuries reported.

Print this article Back to Top

Stay Connected Wherever You Are