Dense Fog Advisory issued January 29 at 11:00PM PST expiring January 30 at 12:00PM PST in effect for: Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Tulare
Cal Fire is urging state residents to check their smoke alarms in an effort to keep families safe and reduce fire fatalities.
Nearly two-thirds of home fire deaths happen in homes with no working smoke alarms.
Cal Fire says a little attention to these important life-saving devices can go a long way to increase your chances of survival.
Cal Fire is offering the following smoke alarm safety tips to keep your home safe:
1. Install smoke alarms on every level of your home.
2. Interconnected alarms are best because if one sounds, they all sound.
3. Never paint over a smoke alarm.
4. Replace your smoke alarm every ten years.
5. Remember to never leave batteries out of your alarm.