BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Board of Supervisors has approved the implementation of civil actions against nearly a dozen medical marijuana dispensaries in Kern County that have violated the county's zoning laws, Tuesday.
Civil actions taken against ten selected establishments include injunction, abatement and civil penalties.
The listed dispensaries will be given desist letters as a chance to voluntarily shut down and avoid litigation.
Board members say this is all in an effort to bring safety and protection to families and their communities.
Below is a list of the ten medical marijuana dispensaries that the Board of Supervisors plans to implement the civil actions on:
- Natural Treatment at 1810 N. Chester Avenue, Bakersfield
- Highway 99 Collective at 3980 Saco Road, Bakersfield
- Taft Highway Collective at 3024 Highway 119, Bakersfield
- Tiger Vitality Collective at 2222 S. Chester Avenue, Bakersfield
- Bear Mountain Cooperative at 318 White Lane, Bakersfield
- Chronically Inclined at 16866 Highway 14, Mojave
- Organic Health Solutions, Inc. at 1315 W. Rosamond Boulevard, Suite A, Rosamond
- All Green Collective at 2753 Diamond Street, Rosamond
- Antelope Valley Diamond Collective at 1733 Sierra Highway, Rosamond
- Desert Collective Co-op at 2763 Sierra Highway, Rosamond
Man sues BPD for alleged violation of rights
Attorney Daniel Rodriguez will file a lawsuit against the Bakersfield Police Department on behalf of 44 year old Monte Wilson on Wednesday.
Vets head to memorials thanks to Honor Flight
A group of veterans are headed to commemorate the war memorials in Washington D.C. thanks to the Kern County Honor Flight.
High levels of arsenic found in Arvin water
The city of Arvin is under fire for providing water to residents with high levels of arsenic.
Local senator opposes state's clean air bill
On Wednesday, Governor Jerry Brown will sign into law a bill that will require 50 percent of California's electricity to come from renewable…