BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Board of Supervisors has approved the implementation of civil actions against nearly a dozen medical marijuana dispensaries in Kern County that have violated the county's zoning laws, Tuesday.
Civil actions taken against ten selected establishments include injunction, abatement and civil penalties.
The listed dispensaries will be given desist letters as a chance to voluntarily shut down and avoid litigation.
Board members say this is all in an effort to bring safety and protection to families and their communities.
Below is a list of the ten medical marijuana dispensaries that the Board of Supervisors plans to implement the civil actions on:
- Natural Treatment at 1810 N. Chester Avenue, Bakersfield
- Highway 99 Collective at 3980 Saco Road, Bakersfield
- Taft Highway Collective at 3024 Highway 119, Bakersfield
- Tiger Vitality Collective at 2222 S. Chester Avenue, Bakersfield
- Bear Mountain Cooperative at 318 White Lane, Bakersfield
- Chronically Inclined at 16866 Highway 14, Mojave
- Organic Health Solutions, Inc. at 1315 W. Rosamond Boulevard, Suite A, Rosamond
- All Green Collective at 2753 Diamond Street, Rosamond
- Antelope Valley Diamond Collective at 1733 Sierra Highway, Rosamond
- Desert Collective Co-op at 2763 Sierra Highway, Rosamond
Bakersfield Police to add 15 new employees
Bakersfield City Council voted to approve a plan that will add more than a dozen new positions to the Bakersfield Police Department.
Partial solar eclipse to take place Thursday
The heavens will align as the Moon comes between the Sun and Earth to put on a dramatic show in the sky.
City leaders discuss BPD and memorial bricks
Bakersfield City leaders will weigh in on a plan to save those fading bricks in front of Rabobank Arena during Wednesday night's council meeting.
Officials searching for sexual assault suspect
A 50-year-old Oildale woman was sexually assaulted after an unknown assailant forced entry to her home in the 200 block of Decatur Avenue.