East Bakersfield family of 7 are homeless after house fire
Fire reportedly started in laundry room
Last Updated: 277 days ago
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A mother and her six children are safe, but are homeless, after a fire broke out overnight in east Bakersfield.
Fire officials said this blaze at a home on Rice Street started in the family's laundry room after the dryer nearly exploded.
Mary English was nearby at the Police Activities League Center watching a basketball game when her daughter called and said their house was on fire.
The fire is still under investigation.
The family is staying with relatives.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.