Kern County fire season is set to be especially devastating due to the extreme drought conditions. One way to keep on top of safety information and tips is with the Red Cross Wildfire app.
Be ready for wildfire with Wildfire by the American Red Cross. Prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area that is susceptible to wildfires or has loved ones that do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
Dead body found outside of downtown courthouse
A dead body has been found outside of the downtown Superior courthouse Sunday morning.
Crash on Golden State Ave. & Q Street
A crash occurred Golden State Avenue and Q Street had eastbound traffic being diverted.
Rally to Improve Birth in Bakersfield
A rally to improve birth and U.S. maternity care was held today at Emerald Cove Park in Bakersfield.
Marley's Mutts offering reward for info on dog
Marley's Mutts Dog Rescue is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons…