Firefighters respond to dryer fire in Oildale

The Kern County Fire Department quelled the flames at an Oildale home Monday morning.

At about 11:37 a.m., firefighters responding to the scene reported smoke coming from the rear of a 1600-square-foot house on the 200 block of McCord Avenue.

Fire crews forced entry into the home and quickly extinguished the fire in the laundry room caused by a dryer.

The fire caused $10,000 in damage to the home, but firefighters were able to save $80,000 in property damage.

The home was unoccupied during the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

The Kern County Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind all residents to install a working smoke detector in their home, and to check all currently installed smoke detectors for proper operation.

 

Print this article Back to Top