OILDALE, Calif. - A fire in Oildale has left five adults, three children and a family dog without a home, according to the Kern County Fire Department.
The KCFD reports that on Saturday, July 19, crews responded to the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue to a two-story triplex fire in the attic.
While firefighters had the fire under control is less than 30 minutes, crews remained on the scene for about an-hour-and-a-half more to salvage belongings and to extinguish hot spots.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation. The families displaced by the fire are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Recycle your cooking oil and grease!
City of Bakersfield residents will have an opportunity to recycle their holiday cooking oil and grease during the 2015 Holiday Grease…
DA releases findings in Kelso Valley Manhunt
The following information was released Tuesday Nov. 24, 2015 regarding the DA's findings in the fatal shooting of Kelso Valley Manhunt…
Body found near N. Chester, Woodrow avenues
KCSO detectives were sent to the intersection of North Chester Avenue and Woodrow Avenue regarding a suspicious death.
E-cigarettes injury three Bakersfield residents
Local attorneys Chain, Cohn, and Stiles are representing three Bakersfield residents all who were injured using e-cigarettes. The suit…