Hall Ambulance service celebrates 42 years in business
Last Updated: 308 days ago
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - On February 10th, 1971, Hall Ambulance Service was founded, and has since grown to become one of the largest privately owned ambulance companies in California.
Starting out of a station that doubled as the family home in Bakersfield, Hall Ambulance Service now provides paramedic ambulance service to 85 percent of Kern County residents, serving from multiple locations.
Hall Ambulance began operations with family members responding to calls assisted by four employees, and the company now employs over 350 field and administrative personnel.
During the 42 years that Hall Ambulance Service has been in business, their commitment to Kern’s residents has grown and continues to grow. Some of Hall’s accomplishments in the past 42 years include:
- Kern County’s First Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Program
- Kern County’s First Paramedic Field Supervisor Program
- Kern County’s First EMT Academy
- Kern County’s First Computer Aided Ambulance Dispatch Center
- Kern County’s First Medical Explorer Program
- Kern County’s First Critical Care Transport Unit
- Kern County’s First Twelve-Lead ECG Transmission Program
- Accredited - Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems
- Accredited Center of Excellence - National/International Academy of Emergency Dispatch
According to Founder and President, Harvey L. Hall, “Our 42 year history is about building relationships through dedication, innovation, and a commitment to excellence to our patients and the various communities that we serve”. Founded with a desire to ‘Provide the people of Kern County with a higher level of patient care’, Hall Ambulance Service continues that commitment today and into the future.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.