Traffic being escorted over HWY 58
Main freeways to Southern California closed
Last Updated: 92 days ago
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol has started escorting Eastbound traffic over Highway 58 through the Tehachapi pass, but Westbound traffic is closed.
- Weather Photos - Click here
- Mobile Users - http://www.turnto23.com/news/23abc-kern-county-winter-weather-photos
California Highway Patrol officers originally closed the freeway in both directions at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday night, stranding dozens of drivers for hours.
Officers were able to safely reach those trapped by the snowy conditions overnight.
Westbound lanes of Highway 58 are closed at the Randsburg cut-off road near Mojave. There is no estimate on when the roadway will re-open.
Interstate 5 was closed in both directions over the Grapevine.
The CHP started escorting Northbound Interstate 5 traffic over the grapevine around 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Travel is not recommended for campers, trailers, and high profile vehicles, according to the C.H.P.
Download our 23ABC mobile and tablet app for updates on all weather and road closures.
- iPhone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/23-abc-for-iphone-bakersfield/id530136932?mt=8
- iPad - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/23-abc-for-ipad-bakersfield/id530219511?mt=8
- Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mylocaltv.kero&hl=en
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.