BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Education, it's your future.
Application opens - April 1, 2013
Application Deadline - April 30, 2013
Award Notifications - May 10, 2013
Award Distribution - May 2013
Award Amount - $1,500 each for three winners
Educacion Es Tu Futuro Scholarships are designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available to Kern County 2013 graduating high school seniors. Student(s) selected for the scholarship will appear on TV announcements which will air on Azteca Bakersfield and Bright House Network (Galavision) as well as photo and bio in El Popular Newspaper. There will be three winners who will each receive a scholarship for $1,500 each.
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Must be enrolled as a 2013 graduating senior within a Kern County high school
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll at a U.S. accredited college or university in the U.S., during the 2013-2014 academic year
- Submit essay (details below)
1. Go to www.azteca42.com and follow the onscreen instructions to enter by submitting an Essay (essay requirement defined below).
2. Send essay by regular mail to:
321 21st Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Attn: Stephanie Camarena
Please include your phone number along with a secondary phone contact number
3. Drop off essay in person to 321 21st Street, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. Call to make drop off arrangements 661-637-2323 ext. 379, ask for Stephanie Camarena.
An essay of 300-500 words describing: What is your opinion regarding immigration reform in the United States? Do you agree or disagree with it and why? To be eligible for entry, you essay must be authored only by you. Your essay must be your original creation, be in English or Spanish, and consist of only black and white text without images.