Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening above 1500 feet.
A Winter Weather Advisory above 1500 feet remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening for the Kern County mountains.
Check out these beautiful Kern County snowy photos - http://bit.ly/18KQpoA
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 7 inches above 1500 feet. Some snow accumulations near 1000 feet.
* Timing: snow will begin late tonight... with heavier snow developing during the morning Saturday. Snow is expected to taper off during evening Saturday.
* Locations include: Tehachapi... Lake Isabella... Interstate 5 over the Grapevine... Highway 58 through Tehachapi Pass.
* Winds: gusts around 50 mph through mountain passes and higher elevations will cause drifting and blowing snow at times.
* Impacts: slick and snow covered roads with winter driving conditions are likely. Motorists should anticipate travel delays and possible Road closures.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.