Malfunctioning air conditioner unit starts fire at a Bakersfield church
Fire started on the second floor of the church
Last Updated: 98 days ago
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A malfunctioning air conditioner unit caused a Bakersfield church to erupt in flames, Thursday, according to the Bakersfield Fire Department.
Firefighters were sent to the Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church at 928 17th Street just before 3:30 p.m. on report of a structure fire.
BFD immediately laddered to the second story of the building, in order to extinguish the fire. They were able to control the fire in 15 minutes and completely put it out in just 40 minutes.
Firefighters were able to prevent any extensive damage from inside the church, but the damages are estimated at $75,000.
No juries were reported.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.