Marshalls store in Central Bakersfield damaged in early morning fire

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A Bakersfield department store was damaged by flames and water early Wednesday morning.

The fire at Marshalls on 3008 Ming Avenue broke out at approximately 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to the Bakersfield Fire Department.

Fire crews told 23ABC the fire started in an office and appeared to be electrical.

The store's sprinkler system contained the fire but it also flooded the showroom, causing extensive water damage.

Fire crews say the cleanup effort could take several days.

There were no reports of injuries.

Print this article Back to Top

Stay Connected Where Ever You Are