Mom of Bowe Cleveland files claim regarding hit list, suspension

School district made no comment

TAFT, Calif. - The mom of a teen who was shot at Taft Union High School has turned to the courts requesting the school documents of the accused shooter, Bryan Oliver.

On Wednesday, Jan. 30, Leah Cleveland, and her attorney, Daniel Rodriguez, filed a California government tort claim to request documents of Oliver to determine if the district acted appropriately if a rumored hit list was real.

In court, Bowe's mom pleaded for the documents and said that her son will have shotgun pellets in his lung and liver for the rest of his life. She said the shooting may have been prevented if knowledge of the accused shooter's history were true and taken care of.

In California, before you may sue a public entity or a government employee for money damages, a claim meeting the requirements of the California Tort Claims Act must be filed within the six-month time limit.  

The school district made no comment and did not admit to the hit-list rumors or suspension being true. 

If the school district did not respond to the hit list rumors properly last year, the Cleveland's will pursue a lawsuit, according to Rodriguez.

 

 
Print this article Back to Top

Comments