BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - On Wednesday morning, the Kern County Sheriff’s Office Major Violators Unit, served a search warrant on a clandestine marijuana garden near the Walker Pass Trailhead on US Forest Service Property.
As a result, deputies said 3,171 marijuana plants were seized.
The investigation was the seventh search warrant served by the unit in the past two weeks, concluding a series of large scale marijuana investigations throughout the County.
These seven search warrants and investigations have resulted in the seizure of over 33,000 marijuana plants, 304 pounds processed marijuana, five firearms, and six suspects being taken into custody.
The following is a list of the search warrants and seizures:
- On July 16th, Deputies followed several suspects from a supply drop near Delanaga Canyon and HWY 178. The suspects were tracked to 7837 Weedpatch Highway in Lamont. As Deputies approached the residence, suspects ran, leaving behind 304 pounds of processed marijuana in a vehicle next to the residence. Six suspects were captured hiding in the yard and in a field near the residence. Five firearms, including an AK-47 were found in the vehicle with the Marijuana. Five of the suspects were adult males. They were booked into the Kern County Jail. The sixth supect, a 17 year old Hispanic male, was booked into Juvenile Hall. All six suspects were found to be illegal immigrants. A Department of Homeland Security Officer placed Detainers on the suspects.
- On July 17th, Deputies from the Major Violators Unit, with C.A.M.P. (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting) serve search warrant near Mill Creek (US Forest Service property). 3464 Marijuana plants seized.
- On July 18th, Deputies from Major Violators Unit, with C.A.M.P. serve search warrant near Slick Rock Creek (US Forest Service property). 6046 Marijuana plants seized.
- On July 19th, Deputies from the Major Violators Unit, with C.A.M.P. serve search warrant near Devils Backbone Canyon. 3879 Marijuana plants seized.
- On July 24th, Deputies from the Major Violators Unit, S.W.A.T. and US Forest Service, serve search warrant near Fay Canyon (US Forest Service property). 1398 marijuana plants seized. An additional search warrant was served by C.A.M.P. and the Major Violators Unit near Walker Basin and Breckenridge. 5347 marijuana plants seized.
- On July 29th, Deputies from the Major Violators Unit and C.A.M.P. served a search warrant at Black Bob’s Canyon (US Forest Service Property), near Frazier Park. 9835 marijuana plants seized.
- On July 31st, Walker Pass Trailhead Grow: 3171 marijuana plants seized.
- US Forest Service Personnel, K.N.E.T. (Kern Narcotics Enforcement Team), Cal-MMET (California Multi-jurisdictional Methamphetamine Enforcement Team) and HIDTA (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area) assisted in these investigations.