Oildale family trying to raise funds after fatal fire

Infant dies in house fire

OILDALE, Calif. - 21-month-old Aiden McDonald was found dead in an Oildale home on Washington Avenue after a fire broke out last night.

County fire told 23ABC that according to witnesses there was someone inside watching four children when the blaze began.

The mother returned home after the fire erupted and ran in several times to get the children out. Three of the kids were brought out safely before the fire flashed making it impossible to return inside.

(Read original story here:  http://bit.ly/1bYl8tB)

The family is now desperately trying to raise funds not only for funeral expenses for baby Aiden, but also clothes for three other children who lost everything.

Stuffed animals have been placed in front of the home for Aiden and a family is distort because their efforts to save him failed.

A family member said they tried breaking down doors and windows trying to find the toddler. They would come out coughing and then go back inside the house engulfed in flames.

"We came to the point where the fire trucks were there," said Tanya Dotsun, a family member. "We had to stop or they couldn't do their job. It was so bad, none of us could get in there to get him."

Dotsun was across the street when the fast moving fire broke out. She said neighbors and other family members fought through the heaving smoke and flames to save all four kids in the home.

"We tried to find the kids, we barely found the three," said Dotsun. "We tossed them over the fence and tried to get the other one. We could just not find him. It was up in flames, we already knew. We were hoping he would come out alive."

The family just lost their great-grandmother this week and was holding a car wash to help raise funds for that funeral, when this calamity shadowed that hardship.

"Then for the tragedy last night to happen, it's compiled on top of that, there is only so much one family can bare," said a family fried, Freida Doran. "We are trying to bury two people we love so dearly."

The family has lost everything in the fire and they are looking to replace all their belongings.

Donations are being accepted through Kern Schools Federal Credit Union.

Account number 31942.

Download our 23ABC mobile and tablet app to receive updates on this developing story.

iPhone -   http://bit.ly/23ABCiPhone     
Android -   http://bit.ly/23ABCAndroid  
iPad -   http://bit.ly/23ABCiPad     
Kindle -   http://bit.ly/23ABCKindle

Print this article Back to Top