BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - More than a dozen people will have to spend the night at East High School after the hotel they were staying in caught fire in East Bakersfield.
The Bakersfield Fire Department said the fire started in the attic of the Rankin Hotel on Baker Street, leaving 20 people without a place to stay.
The Red Cross said 15 are in temporary housing at the high school, which will be open until Monday. Firefighters said an electrical malfunction caused the fire.
Download our 23ABC mobile and tablet app to stay up-to-date with this story and community news.
Like 23ABC’s Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/23ABCBakersfield
Delano PD: Man dies after gettin shot in Delano
A man is dead Saturday after getting shot in Delano by a suspect who is still on the loose, according to Sergeant Ryan Wilson of the Delano…
2 people arrested in Arvin for pot, firearm poss
Two people in Arvin were arrested Friday morning after police found pot and firearms inside their home, Jerry Martinez, the interim Arvin…
KCSO arrest robbery suspect, seize meth & heroin
KCSO Gang Unit deputies arrested a robbery suspect and seized meth and heroin from his home in East Bakersfield Friday night, according to…
KCSO: Senior helps woman in NW fight off stalker
A woman in the northwest is safe this weekend after an elderly neighbor helped her fend off an alleged stalker by shooting him in the foot,…