Ridgecrest shooting suspect had been charged with felon in possession of ammunition

Sergio Munoz was scheduled to be arraigned

RIDGECREST, Calif. - Sergio Munoz, the shooter in a deadly spree in Ridgecrest, had a lengthy criminal past.

Munoz was recently arrested on the charge of being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Munoz shot one man and killed a pregnant woman during the rampage, and injured two others who were hostage in the truck of his car, officials said.

Munoz was killed during the incident in gunfire with deputies, Ridgecrest Mayor Dan Clark said.

READ | Man who went on deadly shooting spree in Ridgecrest identified as Sergio Alberto Munoz: http://bit.ly/17Qq1Ds

On Sunday, Oct. 20, Munoz was arrested on charges of being a felon in possession of ammunition, and possessing a controlled substance paraphernalia. Charges were filed on Tuesday.

Munoz was scheduled for arraignment on Thursday, Oct. 31.

In July Munoz was charged with being a felon in possession of ammunition, but that charge was dismissed.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments