OILDALE, Calif. - Officials are still investigating the cause of death of a man who died in a house fire in Oildale Saturday morning.
Firefighters found Johnnie Royce McAlester, 54, after putting out the fire, and sent him to a hospital, where they later died.
The Kern County Sheriff's Office Coroner said the cause and manner of death are pending toxicology and carbon monoxide testing.
The blaze took place at 3 a.m. in a home near Lincoln Avenue. Firefighters are further investigating the cause of the fire.