Tehachapi, Calif. - A gas leak shut down Tompkins Elementary School in Tehachapi, Thursday.
School officials closed the school around 11:30 a.m. due to the fact that the school had no heat.
Parents were notified to pick up their children or allow them to be released to take a bus home. If parents can not pick up their students, they will be held at the school until they arrive.
School officials said they are already working on the problem and hope to get it fixed by Friday. If they are not able to fix the problem, the school could be closed until Monday.