Unattended tobacco pipe leads to house fire in Bakersfield
No injuries were reported
Last Updated: 96 days ago
BAKERSFIELD,Calif. - Kern County firefighters put out a house fire in Bakersfield, Friday night, that was started by an unattended tobacco pipe.
Crews arrived to the 600 block of Bates Avenue around 9:30 and were faced with a room that was ignited in flames.
Although, the 11 firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the rest of the home.
There was about $5,000 in damages destroyed by the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.