Arizona students sickened after eating pot brownies

30 students got sick after eating the brownies

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -  

Scottsdale police say a 16-year-old student at Chaparral High School is in trouble after selling brownies and cookies laced with marijuana to fellow students.
The teen was booked Friday on multiple marijuana charges for allegedly selling the pot-laced treats to 11 students.
As many as 30 students got sick after eating the brownies and cookies. One student reportedly ran out of class and threw up, while others became pale and started coughing.
Chaparral students told the station that the brownies contained both marijuana and spice, although police did not confirm that. Spice is synthetic marijuana, not detected in standard drug tests.
The Scottsdale Fire Department confirmed that paramedics responded to Chaparral High School about 1 p.m. A 15-year-old male was hospitalized for "possible alcohol poisoning," they said.
Police say they contacted the parents of those students who purchased the brownies and cookies.
Print this article Back to Top