Nelson Mandela, the former South African president whose stubborn defiance survived 27 years in prison and led to the dismantling of the country's racist and brutal apartheid system, has died. Mandela was 95 years old.
Actor Paul Walker died from the "combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries" in Saturday's car accident in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office reported.
The smart watch wars are on. This week Samsung Sony and Qualcomm all announced smart watches. Let's take a look at the new face of time pieces on The Futurist!
Detectives from the Kern County Sheriff's Office Major Violator Unit seized two firearms …
A Bakersfield family has decided to collect sleeping bags for the homeless this holiday …
Nothing lights up a dark winter night like the sights and sounds of a festive Christmas …
John Matarese has good news for procrastinators
Citrus growers in the San Joaquin Valley were prepared last night for subfreezing …
- Family collects sleeping bags for needy
- WATCH LIVE: Bakersfield Christmas Parade
- Lower prices coming in 2 weeks
- Valley citrus growers prepared for cold
- Woman spots Mary, Jesus in firewood
- 100-city strike by fast food workers
- Stocking up on gift cards this holiday
- Verdict reached in fetus murder case
- Fast food workers protesting low pay
- Armed robbery at Chase Bank
- PD: Body in canal is missing woman
- $60k stolen from charitable company
- Ukulele discussed at BMOA
- Wild pigs a problem for small community
- Woman found in garage was strangled
- Bakersfield's sister city gardens open
- App lets parents track their children
- New TSA Pre-Check program begins
- Car went off Hwy 178 near Union Ave
- Wife charged in Ohio judge's poisoning
As thousands of fast food workers go on strike across the nation, working people in Bakersfield will protest against low wages at the McDonald's on Stockdale at California, one of many actions in 100 cities across the country to support the growing movement for a $15 per hour wage for fast food jobs and the right to form a union without retaliation.
A gas leak shut down Tompkins Elementary School in Tehachapi, Thursday.
Stop what you're doing and have your mind blown.
An East St. Louis woman who was found stabbed to death in her apartment Saturday night had posted a Facebook status update prior to her murder warning her friends that she might die, according to Gawker.
Mayra Rosales once weighed more than 1,000 pounds and was facing the possibility of a death sentence, not just from obesity but for the murder of her 2-year-old nephew.