The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today the game originally scheduled on Saturday, Dec. 7 against Las Vegas will be made up on Sunday, April 13 at 4 p.m. for the team’s first-ever “Undie Sunday.”
When the team scores their first goal, similar to Teddy Bear Toss, fans are encouraged to chuck their underwear (new, please!) onto the ice for donation to charity.
Team president Matthew Riley said:
In talking with local non-profits, it is quite clear that there is a need of undergarments for the economically challenged,” Condors Team President Matthew Riley said. “We thought this would be a fun way to bring to that fact, and hopefully raise some significant donations. Who doesn’t like to throw things on the ice? Teddy Bear Toss is obviously a great tradition, so why not start another one?
Undie Sunday – Sunday, April 13 – 4 p.m. v. Las Vegas
- Pronounced “un-dee, sun-dee”
- Bring new undergarments and throw them on the ice after the Condors score their first goal
- Bras, boxers, briefs, ‘long johns,’ diapers, socks, undershirts, and the like will be gladly accepted and donated to those in need
- Undergarments will fly better if still in the packaging … duh!
- Season ticket holders can exchange their Dec. 7 tickets
- for the April 13 game at the Condors front office or at any upcoming Condors home game
- All other Dec. 7 tickets can be redeemed at the box office for the April 13 contest OR can be used at any Condors home game in the month of January
- If you do not have tickets for the April 13 game, you can purchase them on Ticketmaster: click here