Local News Videos
Brighthouse donates $12,500 to Hispanic…
Brighthouse Networks donates $12,500 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for business and cultural services.
- Bakersfield Museum of Art recognizes the…
Bakersfield Museum of Art recognizes the ukulele in American history at First Wednesday
- Charitable clothing company storage burglarized
B.Love, the charitable clothing company fell victim to theft.
- Internet deal turned armed robbery
An Internet deal turned into an armed robbery in front of a bank.
- Pig problem in Stallion Springs
500 pigs are suspected to have roamed Stallion Springs.
- App lets parents track their children
New app lets parents track their children and will notify community if child is missing
- Sister city gardens unveiled
Bakersfield sister city gardens unveiled.
- Coroner: Clara Basta was strangled to death
The Kern County Coroner said Clara Basta was strangled to death.
- Suspect search in the southwest after a robbery
Police search for a suspect in the southwest after a robbery.
- Man accused of attempted kidnapping
Police are looking for a man accused of attempted kidnapping.
- CHP: 2 cars catch fire on 99
Northbound Hwy 99 was closed at Panama and White Lane
- Bitcoin gains popularity among major companies.
Certain Subways and even Virgin Atlantic are currently accepting this form of digital currency.
- Nursing Shortage
Cal State Los Angeles is turning students away from its nursing program because there is not enough people to teach them. It’s a similar situation happening at other schools around the state.In a recent healthcare forum Cal State in Bakersfield a
- United Way gets large donation
United Way gets a large monetary donation from Aera Energy.
- Parking problems during the holidays
Parking is a problem when people use handicapped spots who don't need to.
- Citrus farmers in Central Valley prepare…
Citrus farmers prepare for freezing temperatures that are earlier than usual.
- Study: CA children eat fast food at younger age
A study said most California children eat fast food at younger age
- Holiday Cottage now open
Holiday Cottage accepting gifts for foster children.
- Bakersfield women can "Dress for Success"…
Bakersfield women can "Dress for Success" for job interviews and get back on their feet thanks to Giving Tuesday donations.
- Body found in Delano canal by worker
A family is fearful after a body was found in a Delano canal.
More News Videos
- Vidak donates 5 percent raise
State lawmakers Andy Vidak and Rudy Salas will donate their pay raises to charity.
- Children perform at Holiday Cottage
Children perform at the first day of Holiday Cottage at East Hills Mall.
- Central Valley lawmakers donating pay
Andy Vidak and Rudy Salas are rejecting pay raises by donating the extra amount to charity.
- Memorial service for Jan Stuebbe
There will be a public memorial service for Jan Stuebbe.
- BPD: Woman caught in shootout on Escondido Ct.
BPD said a woman was caught in a shootout on Escondido Court.
- Giving Tuesday
"Giving Tuesday" is a global push to get everyone to donate time and resources to the community.
- norovirus outbreak
23 ABC News at 4:30am
- Groups In Need Of Community Support
Drive through downtown Bakersfield this holiday season and you’ll notice things aren’t so festive.“It says something about your town and your downtown,” said Cathy Butler with the Downtown Business Association.Last year, the DBA illuminat
- Giving Tuesday in Kern County
Kern County decrees "Giving Day," and charities step up.
- Investigators rule death a homicide
Oscar Garcia was found dead while fire crews responded to a brush fire.
- Police bust Internet cafe
Police arrested five people in an Internet cafe drug bust.
- Hwy. 58 on-ramp at Chester Ave and H Street closed
Hwy. 58 on-ramp at Chester Ave and H Street will be closed for two weeks.
- FDA halts production at Alfred Louie Inc.
FDA halts production at a Bakersfield company, Alfred Louie Inc., after Listeria was detected.
- Freeze watch prompts homeowners to protect…
Overnight lows will drop below freezing this week in Kern County. Story by Lia Steinberg.
- Video of alleged confrontation between…
Internet cafes exposed: Video of alleged confrontation between Internet cafe security guard and a customer
- Coach Jan Stuebbe passed away this weekend
Coach Jan Stuebbe passed away, but his players keep his memory and lessons
- Coach Jan Stuebbe loses fight with cancer
Coach, educator and author Jan Stuebbe will be remembered after losing his fight with cancer.
- 4-year-old killed in rollover
A 4-year-old girl was killed in a rollover crash on I-5.
- Hit and run in central Bakersfield
A victim was chased down and beaten during a hit and run in central Bakersfield.
- Car theft suspect at large
Bakersfield Police said the victim of a car theft fired on the suspect, who got away.