SAN DIEGO - A landscape architect known to frequent San Diego is being charged with knowingly infecting a man with HIV.
Now, the San Diego City Attorney's Office may be looking into possibly dozens of other victims.
Thomas Guerra, 29, who is also known as Ashton Chavez, is being charged by the City Attorney's Office for willfully exposing himself to another person with the human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV.
On Monday, 23ABC sister station 10News spoke with an accuser of Guerra's. 10News is protecting his identity because he is upset and an alleged victim. Not only is he upset that he is now HIV positive but also because he says that someone he loved and trusted would do this to him and others.
The accuser says he learned about Guerra's crime from a Facebook message sent to him from an ex-boyfriend of Guerra's. The accuser says they had been in a long-term relationship and he was just hours away from proposing to Guerra.
Now, he just wants to warn others about him.
"I don't even know who I was living with. I don't know who I had fallen in love with," he told 10News. "There are many people who are being hurt and could potentially still be hurt. It needs to stop."
He added, "I want him to get help. I don't want people being hurt. It's the only reason why I am speaking out."
10News reached out to talk with Guerra at his family's home in Central California but they would not let us talk with him.
He is expected to be in a downtown San Diego courtroom on Thursday.
Author of bin Laden raid book could face charges
Matt Bissonnette's account of the SEAL Team 6 raid that killed Osama bin Laden has faced plenty of controversy. Now he could face criminal charges.
Alcohol in the E.U. could get calorie labels
A health group in the United Kingdom has called for mandatory calorie labels on alcoholic beverages in the European Union.
OSHA investigation into Allman biopic revealed
Lots of new info out about the 'Midnight Rider' accident that killed a crew member, including a new interview and word from the victim's family.
MH370 passenger's children sue airline
The children of a passenger onboard the missing flight have filed what is believed to be the first lawsuit over the aircraft's disappearance.