Today's KernCast23

Winter weather returns

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Happy Saturday, Kern County!

We are having a wild departure to the lovely month of February. 

The higher elevations are seeing snow and rain has hit the valley floor. This reminds us that we are still in the middle of winter, as we've had a fair share of spring temperatures throughout the month of February. 

Please be sure to use extra caution on the slick roads out there.

On Sunday,  there is a 40% chance of rain in Bakersfield with a high topping closer to 60 degrees, a low in the low 40s. Yes, you may want to find your winter jacket you had stowed away. Lake Isaballa has a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, with snow forecasted above 4000 feet; lows in the mid 30s, with a high in the mid 50s. Tehachapi also could see snow at elevations above 4000 feet, a 60% chance of rain with lows in the low 30s and highs in the mid 40s.

Rain and snow chances will continue throughout Monday morning, and will clear by Monday night.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Stay warm!
 

-Kelli

Print this article Back to Top

Comments