BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Two Bakersfield restaurants were closed by Kern County Public Health Services for sewage and vermin violations.
Village Grill Cafe in Downtown Bakersfield and India Bistro on Ming Avenue both closed Monday. Village Grill received a score of 58% and India Bistro received a score of 45%.
According to public health, inspectors found an active cockroach infestation and food being stored in a way that would allow cross-contamination.
At India Bistro, inspectors found overflowing sewage in drains and sinks, back-flow issues and an accumulation of dust and grease on fans and exhaust hoods.
The restaurant also did not have an environmental health permit posted or food handlers certificates.