Brother Found In Pipe Dies

Second Man Succumbs To Injuries After Being Found In Pipe Filled With Hydrogen Sulfide

The second man who was pulled unconscious from a concrete drainage pipe this week has died.

It happened Wednesday at a composting facility in Lamont.

The two men were found 8 feet down inside a concrete drainage pipe barley 2 feet wide, rescuers said he had been overcome by methane gas.

Crews said one man was working in the pipe when he was overcome by fumes, so another man went in after him.

Armando Ramirez, 16, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Heladio Ramirez, 22, who was the brother of Armando Ramirez, died Friday night about 11 p.m.

Fire officials said both men had no heartbeat and were not breathing when they left the scene.

A third victim who stayed on the surface was also taken to the hospital after breathing in the fumes.

Print this article Back to Top