BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In honor of International Women's Day, Catrans is honoring six thousand women who work hard to keep California moving.
Caltrans is expressing gratitude to the individuals advancing innovation and sustainable business practices, maintaining the states vast transportation system and paving the way for future transportation leaders.
“Diversity is an intrinsic value woven into the fabric of our culture at Caltrans,” said Caltrans Director Laurie Berman. “I’m proud of the women leading this organization who help make California’s transportation system safe and more sustainable.”
Current women who are top executive leaders for Caltrans include:
- Director Laurie Berman
- Planning and Modal Programs Deputy Director Coco Briseno
- Sustainability Deputy Director Ellen Greenberg
- Public Affairs Assistant Deputy Director Tamie McGowen
- Inspector General Eraina Ortega
- Acting SB 1 Program Manager Nabeelah Abi-Rached
- Administration Deputy Director Chris Rojas
- Business and Economic Opportunity Assistant Director Janice Salais
- Chief Legal Counsel Jeanne Scherer
- Chief Engineer Karla Sutliff