BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — As of May 19, the GET Board approved a measure to retrofit 88 buses with protective shields for drivers.
Additional precautions include:
- Providing bus operators with wipes, gloves, disinfectant and hand sanitizer.
- Requiring that passengers ride with an appropriate amount of distance between each other to maintain the recommended social distance.
- Deploying shadow buses on busier routes as needed, to pick up the extra passengers.
- Encouraging passengers wear cloth masks when riding and while out in public.
- Cleaning all bus interiors more frequently.
- Educating all staff about prevention measures, including best practices to maintaining social distancing.
- Encouraging employees and passengers to wash hands frequently, use sanitizers and to stay home if they feel ill.
For more information, visit www.getbus.org or call 869.2GET..