NewsLocal News

Actions

KCFD reminds residents the importance of maintaining working smoke detectors following house fire

Posted: 11:51 AM, Dec 22, 2017
Updated: 2017-12-22 19:51:06Z
KCFD reminds residents the importance of maintaining working smoke detectors following house fire

Residents from South Taft were able to evacuate their home safely after an electrical fire got started thanks to a working smoke detector.

At 9:09 p.m. on Thursday the Kern County Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire on F Street in Taft.

When they arrived they saw smoke coming out of the attic of a single family residence. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and salvage some of the residents belongings. 

There were no injuries to firefighters as a result of the fire.