BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — With the weather conditions constantly changing and the rain and snow creating slick conditions, it's important to drive safely. California Highway Patrol wants to remind drivers to stay safe behind the wheel.
- Drive slow and at a safe distance from the car in front of you.
- Leave with plenty of time, so you are not in a hurry.
- If you're using your windshield wipers, you have to turn your headlights on.
- Have water, blankets, and snacks in your car.
- Have a first aid kit in your vehicle.
- Keep an eye on your gas tank level.
- Always wear your seatbelt.