NewsLocal News

Actions

KCSO: Man who died after carbon monoxide leak at NW Bakersfield home identified

Posted: 4:31 PM, Apr 15, 2019
Updated: 2019-04-15 23:31:11Z
carbon monoxide.jpg

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The man who died after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Northwest Bakersfield has been identified as 58-year-old David Medina, according to KCSO.

Officials say on April 13 around 6:45 a.m. they were called out to the 6900 block of Gallery Drive for medical aid where they found Medina unresponsive and several others suffering from alleged carbon monoxide poisoning.

Initial reports say a caller told BPD dispatch that a family was possibly suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. When officers arrived they were able to pull several family members out of the house. BPD says seven people were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to KCSO, lifesaving measures were taken to save Medina but he was pronounced dead at the scene. A postmortem examination will be performed to determine cause and manner of death.