NewsLocal News

Actions

Man dead after carbon monoxide leak at home in Northwest Bakersfield

Posted: 7:58 AM, Apr 13, 2019
Updated: 2019-04-13 20:20:42Z
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image5.jpeg

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — A man is dead after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Northwest Bakersfield.

According to the Bakersfield Police Department, around 6:45 a.m. on April 13, officers were called out to the 6900 block of Gallery Drive in Northwest Bakersfield for a medical aid. BPD says the caller told the dispatcher several family members were possibly suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officers were able to pull several family members out of the house. BPD says the family members were having difficulty breathing from to the amount of carbon monoxide in the house.

According to the Kern County Fire Department, crews were initially called out for reports of a structure fire. When crews arrived, they determined the situation was a medical emergency involving carbon monoxide.

KCFD crews and Hall Ambulance personnel rendered aid to the residents of the home.

BPD says seven people were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. One man was pronounced dead at the scene.

BPD says the identity of the man will be released by the Kern County Coroner at a later time.

BPD says cause of the incident appears to be accidental.

Kern Back in Business Hello Humankindness Banking on Business