How prepared are you with protecting your pet during the next potential diaster? That's the question California Fire officials are asking pet owners.
Fire officials said they're already seeing vegetation start to dry out in Kern County, increasing the risk for wildfires. And now is the time to be prepared before the next diaster hits.
The following is the list of pet essentials officials said all pet owners should have ready:
- Pet carrier for each pet
- Two week supply of food and water
- Medication and dosing instructions
- Non-spill food and water bowls
- Pet first-aid kit
- Paper towels
- Cat litter box and cat litter
- Plastic bag for waste disposal
- Toys and treats