BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Bakersfield College has joined California Community Colleges and its partners across the state for Undocumented Student Action Week, Oct. 19-23, in an effort to advocate support undocumented students throughout the BC system.
This year’s week will be virtual.
Undocumented Student Action Week is supported statewide by California Community Colleges, the Foundation for California Community Colleges, the Community College League of California, the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges, the Student Senate for California Community Colleges, California Student Aid Commission, Immigrants Rising, and the California Undocumented Higher Education Coalition.
Students must register for the virtual events here. BC remains closed to the general public and is only offering essential courses with strict protocols and guidelines.
Below is a schedule of virtual events still taking place this week:
Tuesday, Oct. 19
● 5 p.m. - Virtual Paint Night and Dreamer Stories
● 11 a.m. - Myths and Truths Presentation
● 1 p.m. - Bakersfield College Resource Fair
● 3 p.m. - Understanding Immigration Options and DACA Updates
● 5 p.m. - Charades, Family Feud, and Trivia Night
● 11 a.m. - Entrepreneurship Workshop
● 1 p.m. - CSU/UC Overview Workshop
● 3 p.m. - Community Panel
● 5 p.m. - Know Your Rights Presentation
● 5 p.m. - “No Digas” Movie Screening and Panel (Sponsored by the Office of Student Life)