BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — After finishing your Thanksgiving feast, you can help build a feast for the animals at the California Living Museum.
CALM is hosting its annual Feast for the Beasts event Friday.
Community members are invited to bring donations to the local zoo and they will gain free entrance in exchange. The zoo is accepting uncooked food donations, as well as non-food items.
Here is a list of all accepted donations:
- Three lbs of pecans, walnuts, peanuts or almonds (all without salt or flavoring)
- Two large bags of frozen blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- Two large bags of frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrot, green and lima bean blend)
- Five lbs raw, fresh yams or apples
- Three point five lbs bag of dry dog food -- IAMS Mini Chunks
- Two family size boxes of Cheerios or Fruit Loops
- Two lbs raw meat: salmon, trout, skinless chicken breast, chuck steak or ground beef
- 75 oz. Dawn Detergent (blue original)
- 100-150 oz. liquid laundry detergent (liquid with bleach; must be He)
- 50 laundry pods (must be He)
- Three boxes Ziploc freezer bags (quart, gallon, or two-gallon)
- Two reams colored, pastel or white paper
- One Sterilite 66 qt (or larger) latching clear storage bin
You can also bring a $25 gift card (admits two adults and two children) from Petsmart, Albertsons, Food Maxx, Lassens, Round Up Feed Supply, Office Max/Depot, Stinson's Stationers, Home Depot and Lowe's