KERN COUNTY, Calif. — The Kern County Sheriff's office is making efforts to strengthen the relationship between law enforcement and the community. It's called the Sheriff's Communitywide Advisory Council.
The inaugural council will have 33 members from all different parts of the county and different backgrounds.
KCSO is partnering with the MLKcommUNITY Initiative for this committee.
According to a statement from the KCSO, the council "will help bring the community’s concerns to the table and strengthen relationships between local law enforcement and the communities they serve."
The council members are:
- Chair, Arleana Waller, ShePower/MLKcommUNITY
- Co-Chair, Isaiah Crompton, Caught Up/MLKcommUNITY
- Director of Communication, Denise Norris, Inspire To Go Higher
- Jay Tamsi, Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Robin Robinson, City Serve
- Thomas Morgan, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Manpreet Kaur, Jakara Movement
- Manuel Carrizalez, Stay Focused Ministry
- Genora Mcclanahan, It’s Because of Love
- Alex Garcia, CouncileMember Wasco
- Li Gibbs, Twilight Rotary of Bakersfield
- Dr. V.K. Jones, Peoples Missionary Baptist Church
- Tiarra King, Retrain The Night
- Dr. Bryan Bowens, Brenda Jean’s Sober Living
- Marilyn Droppers, Community TRUSTT
- T. Alan Rogers, Senior Deputy Public Defender
- Erin Bradburn, Golden Hills CSD
- Balmeet Singh, McFarland Singh Medical Clinic
- Lisa Pitts, Resident
- Kevin Moten, Adopt-a-Block Bako
- Ann Sherwood, Kern Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- Dr. Michelle Oja, Taft College
- Jimmy Don Hollispeasy, Oil Industry
- Peter Hibbit, Resident
- Ucedrah Osby, Commissioner, Kern County Parks & Rec.
- David Rodgers, Kiwanis
- Dr. Tina Mendoza, Taft College
- Bob Prater, A Language of Healing
- Linda Fidler, CSUB
- Mardi Sharples, Housing Authority
- Lisa Aqenenni, Principal
- Manual Cantu, The Wonderful Company
- Dr. Susan Lawol, Kern County Department of Human Services
For more information contact: Arleana Waller, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at (661) 532-8417.