BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — It's almost time to let the dogs out at Murray Family Farms.
The farm announced they are gearing up for Dog Daze! During the event, the farm will recognize a local dog-centric organization that has touched the lives of those in the community.
Normally dogs aren't allowed out on farm, but for two days a year, Murray Family Farms opens their barnyard doors to every pooch in town.
Dog Daze will be coming to the farm on March 23 and 24 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There are some rules for those wishing to bring their pups to the event:
- all dogs must be leashed, no retractable leashes allowed.
- No dogs in heat.
- No temperamental or aggressive dogs.
- Clean up after your dog and look for the poop station.
- If you bring your child, do not allow them to approach other dogs without the owner's permission.
- Find the doggy water station.
- No dogs allowed around crops due to food safety laws.
- No dogs allowed in the animal garden.
There will be plenty of fun activities set up for the whole family to enjoy during Dog Daze.
This year the big red barn is offering an improved agility course and walking path that spans a vast green lawn ripe for the sniffing.
Hayrides will be available specifically for dogs. The farm will also have a costume contest and talent show.
If you don't have a pup that's okay, Dog Daze will have adoption agencies on site so you can find a furry friend to take home.