BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The California Department of Public Health released guidance for Halloween and Día de los Muertos celebrations to provide safer alternatives for celebrating during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Tips for safe celebrating include:
• At-Home Halloween, create a haunted house or candy scavenger hunt o Host a scary movie night, with pumpkin carving activities and sweet treats o Dress up your home and yard with Halloween decorations
• Virtual Halloween, host a virtual party, complete with costumes and pumpkin carving
• Car-Based Halloween, gather the household for a car-based outing such as a drive-in movie or drive to view Halloween decorations
• Outdoor Halloween, enjoy a Halloween-themed art installation at an outdoor museum
• Altars, create your altar in a front window or outside so others can enjoy from a safe distance. Create a virtual space to honor lost loved ones and share via email or social media.
• If you visit the cemetery, only visit with those you live with, wear masks and maintain appropriate social distancing. Keep your visit short.
Check here for more information.