KERN COUNTY, Calif. — With great success with the first-ever Kern County Public Works virtual cleanup back in August, KCPW, in association with Keep Kern Beautiful, will be hosting a second virtual cleanup event this Fall. The event will take place on Nov. 7, at any time during daylight hours.
Residents throughout the county are invited to volunteer 15 to 30 minutes, cleaning up areas around their neighborhoods, local parks, or right outside their front door.
“We had such a fantastic turnout with the first virtual cleanup, we wanted to hone in on this community engagement and continue this on-going cleanup effort!,” said Zechariah Garcia, Kern County Public Works’ marketing and promotions associate.
KCPW is focusing on new ways to actively engage the community while adhering to State COVID-19 guidelines.
How to Participate:
1. Register for the Virtual Cleanup here.
2. Grab an old grocery bag to reuse or any disposal garbage bag available to you.
3. Put on some gloves for your protection.
4. Pick up whatever you see for 15 – 30 minutes.
5. Take pictures of your amazing work!
a. Get creative with your cleanup efforts! Make a fun pose or funny smile!
6. Throw away your trash.
7. Wash your hands!
8. Share your impact for a chance to receive an honorary KKB volunteer T-shirt.
a. Share your photos on Facebook by tagging @KernCountyPublicWorks and hashtagging #KeepKernBeautiful or by sending them via email to email@example.com.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 2 to schedule an appointment.