BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The 2020 Virtual Bakersfield Marathon and Mini Marathon sponsored by Dignity Health, announced Friday they are introducing four new virtual events for 2020.
Participants will have the opportunity to join the community of Bakersfield, from wherever they are in the world, and run 2.62 miles or 26.2 miles.
Here are the basics:
- The virtual 2020 Mini, 2.62 miles.
- The virtual 2020 Marathon, 26.2 miles with 3 variations.
- continuous, submit your best time within the 48-hour window to complete this challenge.
- non-continuous, you can chop your 26.2 into any combination of distances you like. Be sure to sync a total of 26.2 miles during the race window to make it onto our leaderboard for this challenge.
- milers, 26.2miles in 26 x 1-mile completions. You just have to do 1 mile per hour for 26 consecutive hours.
Register at virtualbakersfield.run.