LOS ANGELES (AP) — Wanda Sykes said she felt physically ill after Will Smith slapped Chris Rock across the face at the Oscars.
And she’s angry Smith was permitted to stay and collect his award.
Sykes co-hosted the Oscars on Sunday at the Dolby Theatre with Amy Schumer and Regina Hall.
- Confrontation between Will Smith, Chris Rock shocks Oscar audience
- Academy condemns Will Smith’s actions at Oscars, Smith releases statement
- Pinkett Smith posts about 'healing' days after husband slapped Chris Rock at Oscars
- Academy condemns Will Smith's actions, launches review
- Pinkett Smith's hair loss from alopecia at center of spat
- 2022 Oscars: Apple's 'CODA' historic night outshined by Will Smith
Sykes told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview to air April 7 that she missed the confrontation live as she walked between her trailer and the theater after a costume change.
But once she saw video, she said she was physically ill and, in her words, "a little traumatized by it.”