BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — California State Bakersfield is offering free income tax preparation services every Saturday starting Feb. 1 lasting until March 28.
CSUB students, faculty, staff and community members will be able to take advantage of the services provided by accounting student volunteers inside the Business Development Center on campus.
The students are fully trained and passed certification tests required by the IRS.
Services will be offered by appointment only. You can make appointments between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by calling (661) 654-3098.
What to bring to VITA:
- Proof of identification (photo ID);
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents;
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number;
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return;
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099- Misc.) from all employers;
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099);
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received;
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available;
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms;
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number;
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements; and
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.